Soldaduras Técnicas Málaga - Oct 2016 to Feb 2017
300 hours of work experience as part of my Master's Degree in Industrial Engineering. Soldaduras Técnicas Maálaga is a relatively small company so, as a result, I had to 'wear many hats'. Here are some of the things I worked on:
- Extracting plans from a 3D model of a bicycle in SOLIDWORKS.
- Design and 3D renders of a foldable tricycle in SOLIDWORKS.
- Design and 3D renders of motorized awnings in SOLIDWORKS.
- Adding a touch screen to a tube bending machine to facilitate its use. This was achieved using an Arduino board (programmed in C/C++), a rotary encoder already present in the machine and an LCD touchscreen.
- Stripping down a Volkswagen T2 from the 70's. Removing the engine, transmisison, drivetrain, brakes, all electronics, interior and windows to be able to sand blast the chasis and eventually re-build the van.
- Fabrication and assembly of parts of a unipersonal submaring prototype.
Private English tutor - Active since 2011
Private English tutoring to people of all ages and levels. Types of classes include official Cambridge certificate preparation, conversation improvement and interactive media sessions, etc.
One of my more prominent pupils was an angiology specialist and vascular surgeon in Malaga.
Translator - Active since 2012
Various translations for Malaga Law Solicitors.
Translator for Translated.net since 2016, taking part in the translation of engineering documents (from Spanish to English and vice versa) such as the documents for the design and construction of the fourth bridge over the Panama Canal.
Decathlon - Summer of 2011
Shop assistant in the textile department of Decathlon Mijas.